Tuesday, September 9, 2014
Of weddings and smashing bouquets with my face
Planning a wedding Is so complicated. Not so much because I have a lot to get done in a small period of time. But more so the fact that EVERYONE thinks they know what is best for MY wedding.
From when I should send out invitations all the way to how I should arrange the fruit tray.
For some things it's actually very helpful, but for other things?.. All it does is confuse the crap out of me.
I don't CARE how you think I should arrange my fruit tray, I don't CARE how you think I should do my hair, I don't CARE that you think I should hire someone to do things I can do myself. In the words of Demi Lovato. "Oh, oh, oh, I really don't care." Haha. No but seriously.
Another thing I've noticed. Your girl "friends" are nowhere to be found until the second that ring goes on your finger and then all of a sudden they are your best friend and are so happy for you, and they just can't wait to be apart of your special day. GIRL, we haven't hung out since the 7th grade. What makes you think you're even invited, let alone part of my wedding party.
Some people who, mind you, I've never hung out with outside of work, or school, who literally never gave me the time of day, had the nerve to ask me if they were going to be a bridesmaid. Seriously? No. Just.. No. So yeah, I might have 2 bridesmaids and a maid of honor. So what? I'd rather have my small amount of REAL friends be apart of the most important day of my life to date, than have 8 girls who are only my friends when it's convenient to them.
Another thing I've gotten a ton of crap for is the fact that Carson and I aren't including our siblings in the wedding party. Besides the fact that that is NOBODY's business but our own, am I missing something? Is there some sort of cookie cutter mold that shapes the "perfect" wedding party? I didn't think so.
Another thing I'm so sick of hearing is "you're going to hate your reception."
Well yeah.. If you put the idea into my head and I have a negative attitude about it, probably!
And then of course the infamous "you aren't getting married in the TEMPLE?" Or "Oh, you must really love him to be able to make the sacrifice of not getting married in the temple."
Seriously? Get over it.
And then let us not forget about the completely overused "But you're so young! Why would you throw your life away?" I HATE. That getting married at 20 years old is so frowned upon. I'm not 14, and further more, it's not like I'm "throwing my life away" what am I committing suicide? No. I'm making the decision I already made a year ago when I MET my fiancé to share my life with someone else, to go through experiences TOGETHER. So I swear to everything good and holy, if I hear one more time that I am "throwing my life away" I will scream.
So.. Do I sound like a bridezilla yet?
Oh honey, I haven't even talked about the real issues that Carson and I have faced since we got engaged.
There is, however a handful of things that are keeping me from repeatedly bashing myself in the head with my own bouquet. One of these things is my amazing and incredible fiancé, who no matter what comes up, no matter how many times he's come home to find me rocking back and forth on the floor surrounded by ribbons, flowers, wedding magazines and Pinterest print outs, always knows how to keep me sane.
Another one of these things is my amazing Maid of Honor, Danielle, who is there to help me organize my life. Because if you know me at all, you know I am anything BUT organized.
There's my mother who although she had her initial doubts about me getting married, has been there every step of the way, from making my bridesmaid's skirts, to recruiting the relief society to make 150 cupcakes with sunflowers on them. Seriously, she taught them how to do it and they are completely up for the challenge.
There's my soon to be sister in law Amanda who I can send pictures to and she tells me if it will work or not.
And most of all, there is Pinterest. Thank god for Pinterest. Now that I feel like I've just won an oscar and thanked everyone I know, let me just let everyone know, that I am beyond excited to marry the love of my life, and not because of the wedding day, I couldn't care less, about all of the fluff and sparkles, and all that jazz. I'm more excited to take that step and become a wife to the most amazing human being that has ever existed. I'm so excited to begin this next step in our lives together. To become a family, to someday raise children. And all the important things that come with being married.(:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment